[PVE-User] How to use lvm on zfs ?

Denis Morejon denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Tue Aug 7 17:30:00 CEST 2018

El 07/08/18 a las 09:57, Mark Schouten escribió:
> On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 10:49 -0400, Denis Morejon wrote:
>> So, on 4 nodes of the cluster I am able to use local-lvm to put CTs
>> and
>> VMs over there, but I am not able to put VMs and CTs on local-lvm in
>> the
>> others.
>> That's why I want to create pve VGs on the zfs nodes.
> Like I said, I think you should be able to rename 'local-zfs' in
> 'local-lvm' in /etc/pve/storage.cfg, and not worry about LVM anymore.
> But maybe we're misunderstanding each other.

These is not possible because I don't use zfs on the eight nodes ? Just
in 4 of them and modifying /etc/pve/storage.cfg is a cluster wide operation!
More over. I use zfs under the Proxmox (In the S.O level) to join the
internal disks. So that proxmox node NEVER sees any zfs, just the local
storage (Dir /var/lib/vz) that is mounted on the internal zpool
(rpool/ROOT/pve-1) that is the zfs pool (The 4 disks together seen as one).

Now the problem is that I have 4 nodes with local-lvm storage active and
4 nodes with just local storage active, because in these  last nodes the
local-lvm is disabled! (Due to the non-existence of any lmv volumen group)

So, the migrations of MVs between all these nodes cause problems.