[PVE-User] How to use lvm on zfs ?

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Tue Aug 7 16:45:45 CEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 11:30 -0400, Denis Morejon wrote:
> These is not possible because I don't use zfs on the eight nodes ?
> Just
> in 4 of them and modifying /etc/pve/storage.cfg is a cluster wide
> operation!

Ah yes, crap. That's right..

> Now the problem is that I have 4 nodes with local-lvm storage active
> and
> 4 nodes with just local storage active, because in these  last nodes
> the
> local-lvm is disabled! (Due to the non-existence of any lmv volumen
> group)
>
> So, the migrations of MVs between all these nodes cause problems.

Ok. Not sure if this is supposed to work, but what if you create a ZFS
Volume (zfs create -V 100G rpool/lvm) and make that a PV (pvcreate
/dev/zvol/rpool/lvm) and make a VG (vgcreate pve /dev/zvol/rpool/lvm)
and then a LV (lvcreate -L100% pve/data) ? Does that allow you to use
local-lvm?

(Not 100% sure about the commands, check before executing)

--
Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl