[PVE-User] pve-kernel-4.13.13-5-pve hang with high IO

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Wed Jan 24 11:27:44 CET 2018

Meltdown mitigation is software / kernel only, so doesn't depend on microcode in any way.

Spectre mitigation could be be mainly software based (but retpoline isn't available yet) or microcode + software based, but such microcode doesn't exist in a usable state yet as Intel recognised that it triggered crashes on Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake/Kabylake processors, so the BIOS with such updated microcodes were withdrawn by vendors until Intel releases something new...
So, you don't have to bother about the microcode today.

This has nothing to do with Eneko's issue, however :)