[PVE-User] Feedback on 4.x to 5.x upgrade documentation

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Jan 30 08:29:12 CET 2018

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 05:02:51PM +0100, Mark Schouten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I upgraded a 4.x cluster with Hammer (Ceph) to 5.1. I had almost no
> issues thanks to documentation and quality software.

good to hear! :)

> Then, upgrading to PVE 5.x, I ran into an issue which it seems is caused by
> KRBD. I was unable to migrate the hosts with KRBD enabled. I don't know why,
> and unfortunatly I cannot test it anymore (it was a production cluster so I
> had to keep going). But maybe this is something that can be debugged by
> someone in a lab or something. :)

could you provide some details nevertheless? the following might be
interesting:

- VM config of an affected guest
- storage config
- task log of a failed migration
- syslog/journal on both source and target node around the time of the
  same failed migration

did all VMs with disks mapped via KRBD fail to migrate, or just some?