[PVE-User] Poor CEPH performance? or normal?

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 02:19:59 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I have a proxmox 5.1 + ceph cluster of 3 nodes, each with 12 x WD 10TB GOLD
drives. Network is 10Gbps on X550-T2, separate network for the ceph cluster.

I have 1 VM currently running on this cluster, which is debian stretch with
a zpool on it. I'm zfs sending in to it, but only getting around ~15MiB/s
write speed. does this sound right? it seems very slow to me.

Not only that, but when this zfs send is running - I can not do any
parallel sends to any other zfs datasets inside of the same VM. They just
seem to hang, then eventually say "dataset is busy".

Any pointers or insights greatly appreciated!

Thanks