[PVE-User] System freeze after kernel update to 4.15.15-1-pve

Harald Leithner leithner at itronic.at
Sat May 5 12:35:34 CEST 2018

Hi,

yesterday we did a kernel update on one of the cluster nodes to
4.15.15-1-pve, after some hours the node freezes and got fenced.

There was no kernel panic...

While rebooting the kernel crashed, you can find the screenshots at:

https://privatebin.at/?450815b1e2b6977f#OZF5/DEC8pwJHM8NVMR0/ODogOPS3U1o738Riz813F4=

https://privatebin.at/?37d273119ba7acf4#YeJY6Y3K52vQPrncUvBfe+Ah8rzS+FD+6arkQHlRxAI=

I booted the old kernel 4.13.16-2-pve without problems.

Specs:
3 node cluster with ceph.
Supermicro SYS-1029U-TR4T
2x Intel Xeon Silver 4108 1,8 GHz Box Sockel 3647
64 GB DDR4

Btw. live migration from older kernel seams to fail too, but that hasn't
been tested much.

thx

Harald

--
Harald Leithner

ITronic
Wiedner Hauptstraße 120/5.1, 1050 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43-1-545 0 604
Mobil: +43-699-123 78 4 78
Mail: leithner at itronic.at | itronic.at