[PVE-User] System freeze after kernel update to 4.15.15-1-pve

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon May 7 10:46:20 CEST 2018

Hi,

Am 05/05/2018 um 12:35 PM schrieb Harald Leithner:
> Hi,
>
> yesterday we did a kernel update on one of the cluster nodes to
> 4.15.15-1-pve, after some hours the node freezes and got fenced.

There seem to be some IO regressions in this kernel release,
we updated it and pushed a version to pvetest which should include fixes
or revert the respective commits. Can you please try
pve-kernel-4.15.17-1-pve_4.15.17-8 [1]

if possible. Users in our Forum reported that this version fixed their
issues.

> There was no kernel panic...
>
> While rebooting the kernel crashed, you can find the screenshots at:
>
> https://privatebin.at/?450815b1e2b6977f#OZF5/DEC8pwJHM8NVMR0/ODogOPS3U1o738Riz813F4=
>
> https://privatebin.at/?37d273119ba7acf4#YeJY6Y3K52vQPrncUvBfe+Ah8rzS+FD+6arkQHlRxAI=
>
> I booted the old kernel 4.13.16-2-pve without problems.
>
> Specs:
> 3 node cluster with ceph.
> Supermicro SYS-1029U-TR4T
> 2x Intel Xeon Silver 4108 1,8 GHz Box Sockel 3647
> 64 GB DDR4
>
> Btw. live migration from older kernel seams to fail too, but that hasn't
> been tested much.

Hmm, from 4.13 to 4.15? I'll look into that...

cheers,
Thomas

[1]:
http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/stretch/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-kernel-4.15.17-1-pve_4.15.17-8_amd64.deb