[PVE-User] Interfaces startup and ip-up.d scripts...

Josh Knight josh at noobbox.com
Thu May 17 16:45:20 CEST 2018

Hey Marco,

Interesting, I couldn't reproduce the problem on my server. I set
verbose=yes, I created a test script that simply did echo $IFACE and after
3 reboots it seems to execute each time.  After boot I just did  journalctl
-b | grep ifup  and I was able to see the interface names printed.

in journalctl -b, are you seeing anything related to run-parts? Or does
ifup not print anything at all?

Is your firewall script using anything interface specific?  If you put it
in that directory, it will be executed for each interface.  I'm curious if
you add a post-up line to your /etc/network/interfaces file, it would be
called only once when your mgt interface comes up.

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
     address xx.x.x.x
     post-up /path/to/script.sh