[PVE-User] Quick question regarding node removal

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:56:23 CET 2018

Hi,

in the documentation to pvecm [1] it says:

At this point you must power off hp4 and make sure that it will not power on again (in the network) as it is.
Important:
As said above, it is critical to power off the node before removal, and make sure that it will never power on again (in the
existing cluster network) as it is. If you power on the node as it is, your cluster will be screwed up and it could be difficult
to restore a clean cluster state.

Am I right to assume that this is due to the configuration on the node which is to be removed? If I reinstall that node I can
reuse hostname and IP addresses?

Thanks,

	Uwe

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#_remove_a_cluster_node