[PVE-User] A problem getting DNS configuration up on debian cloud-init images

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Mon Feb 4 19:04:56 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm having some problem getting DNS configuration for debian cloud
images, the one published here:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/

I used the current debian-9.7.0-openstack-amd64.qcow2 imange, importing
it following https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cloud-Init_Support. I used it
directly (not cloning from a template), because I needed some
modifications (root login by SSH).

The problem I got after setting an IP address and gateway ans starting
the VM, is that the network configuration in
/etc/network/interfaces.d/50-cloud-init.cfg will put the dns-nameservers
declaration under the lo interface with something like:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
     dns-nameservers 213.133.100.100 213.133.98.98 213.133.99.99

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
     address 192.168.77.44
     gateway 192.168.77.1
     netmask 255.255.255.0

but this way resolvconf will not setup resolv.conf. Not sure where the
problem lies, but why do not usemanage_resolv_conf ?

Regards
Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6