[PVE-User] sequential node backup

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Mon Feb 25 10:38:01 CET 2019

Hi!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 08:14:43PM +0000, Roberto Alvarado wrote:
> If someone can help me with this…. I’m looking for a way to do a sequential backup of all my proxmox nodes, for example for the node1, node2, node3, start the backup process with the node1 when this node finish the backup, now start with the node2 , and the same when this node finish the backup process start with the node3.

I'm running PMRB, a self-built script you can find here:
https://gitlab.tuxis.nl/mark/pmrb

That runs backups every night for vm's that are running and that didn't
have a backup for 7 days. I queues all the VM's needing a backup and
create a lockfile on the cluster filesystem. So you can run pmrb on all
nodes concurrently, but only one backup will run at the time. It will
also stop starting backups after a set time, to prevent load issues
during the day.

--
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK: 61527076  | http://www.tuxis.nl/
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl