[PVE-User] Is there a way to permit to start up VMs when no quorum?

Ivan Dimitrov hipantcii at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:49:49 CET 2019

Hi,

Actually there is a way to do this with a bit tinkering. The first way is
described in proxmox documentation. Read this chapter for details:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager#_remove_a_cluster_node

In my home setup I have two node cluster and one of the nodes is my main
server and the second one is for testing and very often not running. I do
not sync machines machines between the nodes and I am careful with the VM
IDs. In order to make it work I have raised the expected votes to 3 and
given 2 votes to the main server. With such configuration the main node
which is 24/7 will always start and run normally.

root at hyper-convergence:~# pvecm status
Quorum information