[PVE-User] Is there a way to permit to start up VMs when no quorum?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Jan 8 08:59:08 CET 2019

On 1/7/19 7:39 PM, Denis Morejon wrote:> Could you give me an example please?
Dietmar did already, research split brain.

>> In practice, I know a lot of people that are afraid of building a cluster because of the lost of quorum, an have a plain html web page with the url of each node instead. And this is sad. This is like assuming that the most important thing is to have the VMs UP!

No, while important it really isn't the *most* important thing.
The most important thing is no (data/shared resource) corruption of the VM/CT,
and our quorum mechanisms are one part of the machinery to keep that this way.

If your network is stable and either multicast works (on smaller systems or
medium ones with _really fast_ switches, unicast works just as well) quorum really
should not be a problem?

And as really a lot of our users have clusters configured I do not think that
"a lot of people are afraid of using them".