[PVE-User] IOMMU and Interrupt Remapping

Craig Jones cj0nes at live.com
Fri Mar 8 03:43:24 CET 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to gauge if I should use Proxmox on an Intel-based or AMD-based system. A major factor that's contributing to this is IOMMU support, but more specifically, Interrupt Remapping support.

Based on this<https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Pci_passthrough> article, it seems that both AMD and Intel support IOMMU, but Interrupt Remapping is not as widely supported. I thought IOMMU and Interrupt Remapping always went hand-in-hand. Is this not the case? Does Proxmox have better Interrupt Remapping support for one type of system over the other?

Thanks,
Craig

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>        Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>