[PVE-User] PSA - PVE 4.15.18-35

DL Ford dan-pvemalinglist at dlford.io
Wed Mar 20 15:28:23 CET 2019

I am not sure if this will effect everyone or if something really strange just happened to my system, but after upgrading to PVE 4.15.18-35, all of my network name assignments have gone back to the old style (e.g. in my case enp4s0 is now eth0, enp6s0 is now eth1, etc).

Hopefully I will save some of you the time I had to spend diagnosing this issue, you just have manually edit /etc/network/interfaces and change the names of the physical NICs. As far as I can tell Proxmox has picked up the changes in the GUI on it's own.

DL Ford