[PVE-User] PSA - PVE 4.15.18-35

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 20 17:47:52 CET 2019

On 3/20/19 3:28 PM, DL Ford wrote:
> I am not sure if this will effect everyone or if something really strange just happened to my system, but after upgrading to PVE 4.15.18-35, all of my network name assignments have gone back to the old style (e.g. in my case enp4s0 is now eth0, enp6s0 is now eth1, etc).
>
> Hopefully I will save some of you the time I had to spend diagnosing this issue, you just have manually edit /etc/network/interfaces and change the names of the physical NICs. As far as I can tell Proxmox has picked up the changes in the GUI on it's own.

can you post your latest apt actions, e.g., /var/log/apt/history.log (add .1 if it already rotated).

I suspect that you ran into an issue[0] and now are not running systemd anymore, but openRC or sysV-init...

can your try:

# apt -f install
# apt install --reinstall systemd
# apt purge insserv sysv-rc initscripts openrc
# apt update && apt full-upgrade

[0]: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/upgrade-to-kernel-4-15-18-12-pve-goes-boom.52564/#post-243333