All Proxmox VE versions does not support the Linux Software RAID (mdraid). That means, its not tested in our labs and its not recommended, but its still used by experience users. If you want to run a supported configuration, go for Hardware RAID.
- Proxmox VE 2.x supports Fake RAID (BIOS RAID), but not since Proxmox VE 3.x
- Proxmox VE since 3.4 supports Software RAID if you choose Storage:_ZFS
If you still want to use mdraid, you can create required RAID level during Debian installation and then install Proxmox VE or create RAID after install Proxmox VE. Look at the external links below and the following pages:
- Install Proxmox VE on Debian Squeeze
- Install Proxmox VE on Debian Wheezy
- Install Proxmox VE on Debian Jessie
- Youtube video: Setting up simple software RAID-1 on Debian 5