[PVE-User] Debian network setup for MediaWiki template. How can I pickup an IP from DHCP provider?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:26:34 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just downloaded and and installed MediaWiki from within the Proxmox list of
appliances. It did not pickup an IP address and ifconfig only shows the
loopback interface. Can someone point me to the file in networking that
needs to be edited for this VM to pickup it's IP from the DHCP router? I can
also set it to a static IP. I wish these things were actually done on the
GUI as these are really the basics. But I understand that many different
templates require different type of files tampered. However, it would be
cool to set all the templates to pickup IP from DHCP if possible rather than
having the user to look for the config info.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce