[PVE-User] What effect would changing the motherboard have on Proxmox?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed May 18 09:52:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

Take a deeper look on the raid functionality on the board, I assume this is a 'fake raid' controller, not supported by Proxmox VE. We always encourage people to use real hardware raid.

Network on the host needs probably some new settings due to the changed MAC addresses.

The VM´s should not have any issues - this is one of the main benefits using virtualization - easy moving to new hardware platforms.

Br, martin