[PVE-User] Proxmox and PERC 5/i from Dell RAID setup - anyone has experience with it?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 21:04:07 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I bought a Dell PowerEdge 1950 yesterday and placed a 500GB SATA HDD in bay
1 (there are two bays, 0 and 1) and I tried installing Proxmox which failed
somewhere in the middle. So, I went into the PERC 5/i utility by pressing
Ctrl+R and now everything is messed up and Proxmox can't even detect a Hard
Drive anymore. Using the verbose mode I could see that it can't /mnt media
being the Hard Disk.

*Does anyone have experience with PERC 5/i who can guide me on how to setup
a simple single HDD in RAID0 mode or no RAID at all? *

Disabling RAID card in BIOS also didn't work out for me as HDD is not
directly detected in BIOS.

Much appreciated,