[PVE-User] I thought Proxmox VE was free?

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Oct 11 04:24:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Robert Brockway wrote:

> Hi.  Proxmox VE is licensed under GPL v2, the same license that the Linux
> kernel is licensed under.

Dietmar Maurer pointed out in another post that Proxmox VE is licensed
under GPL/AGPL.  I got the above information here:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Open_Source

So that wiki page should probably be fixed to correctly list the licenses
and perhaps explain a little about dual licensing and what it means.

I'm happy to make the change on the wiki.  My account is currently
pending.

The GPL and AGPL are both FSF an OSI approved licenses.

In an earlier email I referred to Proxmox VE simply as 'Proxmox', sorry.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert at timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440