[PVE-User] web console error after ocsinventory-agent installed

Matthew Caron Matt.Caron at redlion.net
Thu Jul 19 13:45:16 CEST 2012

On 07/19/2012 07:37 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> it is saying some thing like this
>
>   ls: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directories.

Critical system files are missing. You can try to do "ldd ls" and see
what files are missing, but my presumption is that they are so
fundamental to the operation of the system that this will not even work.

> vm are running ok. i can not even run a single command
> vzdump, qm both showing the same error as "ls" do.
> i can not even migrate machines so that i can formate the whole thing :(

Somewhere along the line, you moved, removed, or otherwise made
inaccessible your core system libraries.

A reinstall may be in order. If memory serves, Proxomox correctly has a
storage area separate from the root fs install area. Reinstalling and
being very careful to only overwrite that area may be your best solution
here.

Alternatively, you could boot from a rescue CD, mount all the drives,
copy off the VMs, and then you'd at least have a backup.

Another option would be to manually locate and restore the files from
another machine, which likely would also require a bootable CD (if only
so ls and scp work).

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Sixnet, a Red Lion business | www.sixnet.com