[PVE-User] ssh tunnel reverse

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Fri Nov 16 19:10:42 CET 2012

Hello.

El 16/11/12 10:55, Luis Díaz escribió:
> I have no intermediate router. I think it is a network problem.
Well, let's try to troubleshoot your network.

Verify on your Proxmox server, that it is listening on port 8006:
nestat -lp | 8006
If you get empty output, then Proxmox is not working properly. Paste the
output in your response.

Check on your workstation, if it can reach your serve on port 8006:
telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 8006
If you see the message "Escape character is '^]'", than you have reached
the target service. If not, than it is a network problem. State in your
response, have you got a successful connection or not.

Finally, try https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8006 in your browser, and tell
specifically what error (if any) do you get. An exact quotation is
important.

> might not know how to write well the instruction to perform the reverse
> tunnel with another user than root
Yes, that sounds like a possibility.
What exact instruction are you writing, and what error message do you
get in your terminal? A copy-paste would be suitable in this case.

When discussing in a mailing list, please consider sending your answers
to the mailing list, not directly to the person who you are talking with.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov