[PVE-User] Does KVM(in proxmox) supports 'UltraSPARC T2 Plus' hardware virtualization extensions?

Luca Fornasari luca.fornasari at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:58:15 CEST 2013

Hi Patryk,

PVE runs on top of Debian using a different Linux kernel (in short is the
one from Red Hat).
Now if I remember right Debian supports UltraSPARC so in theory you should
be able to
1) install Debian on the host
2) "upgrade" to PVE soon after

Anyway the question of the different kernel is still there ... so the short
answer is: you won't be able to install PVE on those two machines.
At least not without doing some (hard) extra work ...

Cheers,
Luca