[PVE-User] Does KVM(in proxmox) supports 'UltraSPARC T2 Plus' hardware virtualization extensions?

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Mon May 6 17:17:44 CEST 2013

Dnia 2013-05-06, pon o godzinie 15:58 +0200, Luca Fornasari pisze:
> Hi Patryk,
Hi,
thanks for quick answer

> PVE runs on top of Debian using a different Linux kernel (in short is
> the one from Red Hat).
<OT>
	uhm, are you sure? AFAIK Debian compiles it's kernels from (vanilla?)
source adding it's modifications. Maybe you confused it with CentOS?
Never mind...
</OT>

> Now if I remember right Debian supports UltraSPARC
	True - it supports SPARCs from the very beginning

> 1) install Debian on the host
> 2) "upgrade" to PVE soon after
[cut]
	That is true, but I am already past this considerations. I know I can
install Debian on SPARC and upgrade to PVE. To clarify, my question
concerns this part, when I install guest machines.
	So essentially my question should be: Which virtualization technology
(KVM/Qemu/OpenVZ/other?) available in PVE gives me chance to utilize
SPARC's hardware virtualization extensions?

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521