[PVE-User] poor HDD performance

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Thu May 23 10:07:01 CEST 2013

[cut]
> I think your controller card has very bad performances. I found another
> thread (Ubuntu) stating this :
Interesting topic - i will pursue this, thank you.

> So, in my opinion, you should change this controller for a better one, a
> Raid controller is better
my LSISAS1064E SAS in fact *is* a RAID controller. Currently I have
mirror setup.

> for exemple areca, 3ware, adaptec, and so on.
3ware is produced by LSI :) [1]

> A Raid 10, which requires at least 4 disks is better for hosting VMs.
Unfortunatelly this server has only 2 HDD bays.
This ubuntu thread got me thinking my 'drivers' which are kernel modules
in fact, might be wrong. Now on LSI page [2] there are some drivers, but
for RedHat. Do you think I can install those?

[1] http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/3GBSATA_SASRAIDCards.aspx
[2] http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/LSISAS1064E.aspx

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz