[PVE-User] poor HDD performance

Luca Fornasari luca.fornasari at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:29:56 CEST 2013

Hi Patric,

Proxmox kernel is indeed a Red Hat kernel (Red Hat sources are publicly
available) ...

I remember I was working on a similar IBM server for a project unrelated to
virtualization. Debian was giving bad performances while Red Hat/CentOS
were working as expected. Sadly I was in a hurry so I just used CentOS and
didn't have the chance to further investigate.

That said I think it is not a matter of drivers (modules version) but a
matter of default settings that can be controlled while loading the module
(man modprobe).

My 2cents.

Luca