[PVE-User] Linux bridge, kvm, ipv6, intel 10gbe

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Wed May 6 11:29:23 CEST 2015

Hi

Some new information about this topic. We did some new tests with this
Intel 10GBe network card.

Debian 7.8, with kernel 4.0.1 and it seems that IPv6 neighbor
solicitation is working fine when using Linux bridges.

It seems that Linus and his developers have used another driver, which
Intel does not provide:

|root at debian ~ $ ethtool -i eth4
driver: i40e
version: 1.2.6-k
firmware-version: f4.22 a1.1 n04.25 e8000143f

Still haven't tried this IPv4 bug, which I discovered in version 1.2.37
(see my other Subject in this list: Intel X710 10Gbit network card).

What to do next? I don't know, actually. :)