[PVE-User] LV Not Available - could not open disk - no such file or directory

Daniel daniel at linux-nerd.de
Fri Sep 2 13:35:45 CEST 2016

> "The problem is if the lvm-thin takes up ALL your available space you
> cannot backup to 'local' (easily accessible) storage, even if you wanted
> to with said VM running.

Who wants to make Backups to the local Device? It make no sense at all.
For Backups you have to chose a attached Storage-System. Only a Backup-Storage make sense.

I think you will never be able to access Snapshots - Also Vmware doesnt support that (i guess)

> Is there no way to have a choice on install rather than being forced
> into a system that perhaps the user does not want ?

I am not completely sure but at the install you can choose which FS you prefer.

Cheers

Daniel